In case you weren't sure if you are married to a nerd, here's my top 10 ways to tell. My nerd is male, so all my references are to a male nerd, but women can definitely be nerds too!
1. You never have to do an update on your computer or run a virus scan or defrag because he's already done it.
2. You house is wired with a wifi with heavy encryption and hidden from view. No hackers here!
3. You consider the word "nerd" to be a term of endearment. "That's my nerd!"
4. When you get a new gadget, you have to get him to back off so that you can set it up by yourself. We won't talk about the kind of torture it was for my husband to watch me set up my Kobo on my own or how much fun it was to perpetrate.
5. There are computer books as big as bricks on your bookshelves (mostly for programs that are no longer useful--for new stuff, he just downloads books). Most parents tease their kids that they need a brick on their head to keep from growing so fast...we threaten computer books.
6. There's more than one monitor/case/cable/router in your house that is not in use, but will undoubtedly be needed at some point in the near future.
7. Your family car is one of these:
You wish I was joking about this car, don't you?
8. You can understand nerd talk and when someone says their computer isn't working, the first thing you ask is, "Did you turn it off and back on?"
9. You can trouble shoot computer problems and are often right. Your friends are amazed by this and you realize that you've become a nerd by association.
10. You may not understand everything he says, but you listen anyway, because there's something damn sexy about a guy who knows what he's doing when it comes to technology.